SUMMARY: The Marketing and Graphic Design Manager works with the sales team and product managers to develop and execute marketing communication programs, sales materials, web and social media content, and events that support corporate initiatives and new product marketing. Key aspects of this multifaceted role includes interpretation of business needs into marketing plans, project management, creative thinking, problem solving, vendor management, collateral creation, and new product commercialization. The person needs to understand and stay on top of marketing best practices and demonstrate in-depth graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite expertise. This role is based at Westell’s headquarters in Aurora, Illinois.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and edit sales collateral and marketing materials to effectively promote products and the company. Graphic design skills and product photography work are needed to support this activity.
- Develop marketing plans for new product introductions in partnership with product managers and sales. Create marketing materials such as product brochures, web pages, social media releases, and press releases for new product launches.
- Develop and maintain the corporate website. Work with the corporate website partner.
- Develop and manage SEO/SEM programs and initiatives to drive customer engagement.
- Manage corporate press releases and the press release supplier.
- Support and create marketing PowerPoint presentations for internal and external customers.
- Manage and create social media content keeping product messaging, company branding and consistency across all social media platforms, i.e., LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Manage and participate in the preparation and logistics for trade shows. Research and identify cost-effective promotional material for tradeshows and special events.
- Manage in-bound lead acquisitions via web, tradeshows and special events which includes lead and customer list management for all target audiences and development of E-Blast campaigns, Constant Contact. Capture and share results with internal stakeholders.
- Maintain the marketing lead database.
- Maintain the marketing materials online database.
- Proactively manage marketing vendor relationships through effective project management, negotiations, and contract development.
- Manage and plan the annual marketing budget.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphics Design, Communications or other relevant discipline required; Master’s degree in same field a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and executing communications strategies, programs, collateral and events that support corporate and business unit marketing objectives.
- Relevant, hands-on experience in digital and social media with emphasis on building and executing customer acquisition plans.
- Past experience monitoring website metrics and implementing SEO/SEM improvements.
- Proficient graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premier.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be a self-starter and results-driven.
- Embodies the corporate team values – customer first, team-oriented, positive attitude, and personal passion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift packages, product up to 35lbs.
- Able to organize and pack products for tradeshows and special events.
- Able to use a cart/dolly to transport packages to and from shipping.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.