SUMMARY: The Accounting Clerk reports to the Director of Finance and performs general accounting functions. Assists to maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Works closely with the Finance Team to provide a variety of accounting services and assists in the monthly financial statement reporting close process. Will need to use critical thinking and communication skills to apply basic accounting theory and knowledge in specific areas such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, inventory control, and fixed assets. The role will also work closely with the Office Manager – Human Resources to review bi-weekly payroll processing and become cross trained as the payroll back-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Director of Finance with the day-to-day, monthly, quarterly and year-end operation of the Accounting/Finance Department including financial statement close, budget review and analysis and special projects.
- Complete monthly general ledger account reconciliations and account analysis for assigned accounts.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll journal entries.
- Assist with Office Manager – Human Resources with bi-weekly payroll processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or finance or relevant certification is a plus.
- 2-5 year of accounting experience, preferred, but a combination of education and work related experience may be acceptable.
- Strong spreadsheet, math and computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office software.
- SAP and ADP experience a plus.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Strong ethical integrity and ability to maintain discretion.
- Collaborative personality that enjoys solving problems and working with a cross-functional team to continuously improve our processes.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.