We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join Westell’s Operations team. This position develops and implements cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with Westell product specifications and quality standards. This position also recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Design/redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent
- Five years’ experience working with electronics and fiber optic connectivity based assembly.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with coworkers, management and vendors.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Good people skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to step into any task in support of the group – even if it’s outside typical job responsibility.
- Experience with CAD programs.
- Experience with Agile.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience MS Visio.
- Experience with SharePoint.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.