We are seeking an experienced Development Engineer to design, develop, and release new FTTX connectivity products and evaluate and release OEM/ODM products for fiber and copper connectivity. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Global Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project estimates, plans, costs, time frames, and reliability predictions as assigned.
- Develop fiber optic apparatus and connectivity designs that meet the input and output criteria.
- Develop passive components for copper and fiber connectivity.
- Mechanical design with emphasis on plastics.
- Evaluate and test competitive designs.
- Review and optimize tooling and mold design.
- Perform agency certification tests as required.
- Contribute to cross-functional design teams to create manufacturable products.
- Debug prototype designs to verify correct operation.
- Assist in Trade Show activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Strong mechanical design with plastics background and materials.
- Mold tool design analysis.
- Finite element analysis.
- Fiber system transmission knowledge.
- Ability to document design concepts, architectural schemes and technical design descriptions.
- Ability to evaluate competitive and potential OEM/ODM products.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance certifiable design practices.
- 3-5 years product development experience.
- Solid work experience.
- Experience with and SAP a plus.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.