Westell Technologies is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our In-Building Wireless team. This position will assume ownership and responsibility for all product vision, direction, P & L and life cycle management for the IBW product line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and execution of the Product Line financial plan and market pricing, Product Line direction focused on the business value to customers, business case development for the commercialization of the Product Line, features and applications and identification of opportunities to develop or acquire new products
- Full P & L responsibility including the negotiation of development efforts and scheduled with Operations and Engineering.
- Responsibility for the product roadmap/plan of record and insurance that the Product Line is focused on a proposition that will win in a competitive marketplace
- Competitive analysis, build/buy/partner strategies, pricing and packaging
- Interaction with the sales team and marketing personnel to guarantee revenue and customer satisfaction objectives
- Being the customer requirement advocate and market advocate. Delivering executive level and management level Product Line pitches and demonstrations.
- Representation of customer requirements at technical meetings within the company.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Day to day product support activities, which include, but are not limited to: product pricing, product change approvals, cost reductions, point of contact for all product related questions and customer support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the telecom industry supporting in-building wireless systems, with a focus of expertise in public safety solutions, distributed antenna systems and some exposure to CBRS private LTE networks.
- Thorough understanding of the wireless and wireline service provider product selection and approval process.
- Understanding of compliance requirements such as UL, NEBS and GR-487.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.