Westell Technologies is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to join our ISM team and support the Carrier and Neutral Host space. We have a full line of hardware and software solutions in which this position will propose and sell to customers. Position will require installation at trial sites which requires 30-50% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and become proficient with product, features, protocols, competition and customer business needs.
- Obtain working knowledge to be able to field configure product.
- Participate in RFQ/RFI/RFP responses to provide a competitive equipment configuration to address customer requirements.
- Communicate new product and feature requirements to Product Line Management and Engineering.
- Present product solutions to customers.
- Author documentation defining deployment procedures and best practices.
- Connect and confirm interoperability with 3rd party devices and systems.
- Plan, conduct and document results of trials which demonstrate product fit.
- Conducting user training.
Desired Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Relevant education and work experience
- Understanding of LAN and WAN architectures
- Transport – Fiber, Ethernet, T1 and Wireless MODEM
- General understanding of VPN, Firewall and access control
- Services – SNMP, SSH, SFTP, HTTPS and NTP
- Protocols – ModBus, RS232 and RS485
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.