SUMMARY: The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. Creates and maintains forecast models for products through incorporation of business intelligence and information gathered from Sales, Product Management, Operations and/or Finance. The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales function and production planning processes within the organization. Models forecasts leading to the development of production scheduling is also a responsibility of this position. This position leads the S&OP meetings and dialogue on a monthly basis with Sales, Product Management, Operations and other key members of management.
- Manages a regular forecasting process at both the detail and aggregated level.
- Ensures data integrity and quality by reviewing data, identifying unusual occurrences, seeking explanations and assisting in developing corrections to prevent reoccurrences.
- Initially reviews and analyses forecast results in relation to business direction.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Product Management, Operations and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used in the forecast presentation which drives production planning.
- Co-ordinates with Product Managers to ensure the forecasting process is finalized to meet the information timetable for Pre S&OP reviews.
- Prepares for and runs monthly S&OP meetings (Sales & Operations Planning) with management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies that minimizes E&O inventory by understanding where on the product life cycle curve products reside and adjust forecasts accordingly.
- Has a thorough understanding of the production scheduling and purchasing processes that are driven as a result of the forecasting outputs.
- Work to minimize lead-times through coordination with the scheduling and purchasing work functions.
- Establishes and maintains forecast performance measurement and evaluation.
- Works with sales on the development of annual and strategic long range revenue planning models.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- CPIM Certification a plus.
- 3 plus years of forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and inventory management experience.
- Knowledge utilizing forecast planning tools as well as a thorough knowledge of ERP.
- Previous experience in the Electronic Assembly industry a plus.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.