SUMMARY: The Manager will have significant influence in guiding the growth of Westell’s RF Public Safety product line and building an RF engineering design team and production capabilities. This is an exciting new position where the person will be able to build new products and new capabilities for the company.
- Provide RF technical design expertise in both product design and production.
- Expertise in test equipment including spectrum, network, vector, NF analyzers and signal sources.
- Contribute in identifying directions for all RF products – with an emphasis on Public Safety networks.
- Direct testing and evaluation of externally developed designs/products.
- Contribute to the development of new RF products from initial concept to product introduction.
- Productize designs developed internally or externally (including generating bills of materials, part specifications, test specifications, schematics, etc.).
- Generation of technical proposals and whitepapers.
- Technical guidance to all project team members.
- Provide technical support for sales and marketing activities.
- Frequent customer interaction with regard to design solutions/issues.
- Evaluate existing designs for cost and quality improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Five or more years’ experience in RF product design – particularly as it relates to DAS, public safety or other related RANS.
- Solid working knowledge of cellular networks, RF theory, RF board level and system design.
- Practical understanding of signal integrity, EMI and EMC; as it pertains to PCB design and electronic packaging.
- Proven track record of developing board level RF based designs and producing those designs.
- Analog design experience, including closed loop control circuitry, DC to DC converters and point of load power.
- Experience with schematic capture CAD and PCB simulation tools.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.