SUMMARY: The Director of Sales, Distribution, will be responsible to manage and grow working relationships with Westell’s distribution partners that stock and fulfill Public Safety- IBW, Outside Plant Cabinets, Power and Fiber products to meet customer demand. Set both qualitative and quantitative targets for products through distribution to maximize profitability, market share and customer satisfaction.
Proactively lead, develop, market, and coach the network of distro partner to exceed sales targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines and implements the distribution sales strategy in accordance with the overall sales and marketing strategy and ensures regular follow-up.
- Identifies and evaluates global distribution partners and authorizes them in coordination with the Sales management team.
- Defines and implements partner programs, point of sale (POS) reporting, reviews stocking levels, and forecast process for distribution partners.
- Establishes key targets (e.g. volume, prices, mix) and ensures these are achieved for the utilization of distributors in the specified market.
- Ensures the use of required tools to track sales opportunities, design registrations, wins and losses; performs regular reviews to assess performance.
- Leads negotiations on terms and conditions for new and renewals of global distributor agreements.
- Responsible for identifying and managing risks relating to contract agreements and prices across customers/channels.
- Coordinates sales and marketing efforts that require distribution partner participation. Ensures appropriate communication, New Product Introduction (NPI) promotion, training activities, and support on proposal/quoting process
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- 7 plus years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment with a focus on In-Building Wireless and Public Safety as well as Outside Plant Cabinets, Power and Fiber.
- Minimum of 5 years in sales, business planning or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in CRM/MS Office/SAP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive travel.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.