SUMMARY: As the Business Development Director – ISM (Intelligent Site Management) you will be responsible for development of new accounts. The person in this position will be able to connect and work with “C” level executives, managers of engineering, and operational staff of potential customers. Immediate goals will be finding trial opportunities; as successful trials lead to future sales. This position requires the ability to understand and explain the technical details and operational benefits of the Intelligent Site Management hardware suite and software solutions. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve Westell’s financial targets. Duties include hitting monthly, quarterly and annual targets, forecasting, building relationships and understanding customer trends. Abilities to understand physical connections of hardware technology is a must. The technical acumen to perform hardware overview and software demonstrations will be necessary. Creation of content material to post on social media as well as creation of brochure/one-pagers to grab the customer’s attention via email outreach. This position is remote and the person will need to have an office space with privacy, good internet, and be able to perform web meetings live with their camera on. The position will have a weekly goal of 3 discovery calls/meetings each week for new potential customers. Travel will be required as necessary to meet specified goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand Westell’s customer base.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with aggressive follow-up.
- Consistent structure leading to meetings each week
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends.
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Enter, maintain, and forecast all opportunities in CRM.
- Work with internal customers to obtain necessary quotes and materials needed to obtain the sale
- Education of customers and partners on products and solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 5 plus years previous experience as a hardware and software solution sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets.
- General knowledge of IP communications
- Ability to sell technical solutions including hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills and ability to create customer specific presentation material
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in CRM/MS Office/SAP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive travel and customer visits which might be in rural locations
- Ability to assist with customer trials including minimal installation of hardware, Ethernet cable and general use of tools (drills, CAT5 crimper, screw drivers, punch down)
- Ability to climb a 6’ ladder
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.