We are seeking Director of Product Management to join Westell’s Product Management team. This position will assume ownership and responsibility for all product vision, direction and life cycle management for the IBW (In Building Wireless) Public Safety Product Line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the Public Safety market and customer needs/requirements to prioritize and develop competitive products.
- Develop and present market requirement documents and business cases for those products.
- Work with engineering to develop build/buy/partner strategies for new products.
- Interact with the sales and marketing team to create marketing materials to promote the products.
- Key member of core team, needs to display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process and problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain product forecasts with input from sales.
- Contributing member to the Safer Building Coalition.
- Day to day product support activities such as product pricing, product change approvals, and point of contact for product related questions.
- Lifecycle management (SKU reduction, product transitions, end of life) of assigned product lines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Product management of In-Building Wireless Solutions or a similar product line.
- Wireless product and systems development experience.
- Network infrastructure knowledge and expertise.
- Diverse knowledge of wireless transmission protocols, standards and network topologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of Product Management experience leading new product development.
- Knowledge of Public Safety wireless communications.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- MBA or related advanced degree.
- Experience with in building Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) systems.
- Experience with iBWave and rough estimating of materials (ROM BOM) for in building wireless projects.
- Experience with Agile PLM and SAP (or similar MRP system).
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.