ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from Bills of Material, schematics, test procedures and other documents.
- Set-up test and repair equipment on products in accordance with Westell's Quality Workmanship
- Accurate utilization and handling of Oscilloscope, communications analyzer, fluke digital meters, power supplies, simulators, soldering equipment and computer terminal.
- Assist in timely repairs of Advance Replacement returns ensuring stocking levels are maintained for
- customer orders.
- Assist in timely repairs of Return for Repair Orders meeting the cycle time requirements that are
- specified in service agreements.
- Maintain accurate test and repair history of products in SAP and Oracle databases.
- Maintain the flexibility to efficiently troubleshoot and train lower level technicians on all testing
- equipment and repair operations in the department.
- Communicate and report technical issues providing root cause and corrective action to resolve
- performance issues with product and/or customer issues.
- Interface with Test and Design Engineering to resolve issues.
- Support and assist Production lines with non-conforming units.
- Consistently perform a leadership role and display the initiative to resolve issues, direct work flow and meet daily schedules and requirements.
- Maintain technical knowledge by learning new products and their functionality for future service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2 year electronics degree or equivalent experience and training.
- 6 plus years related experience testing, troubleshooting to the component level and repairing through hole and surface mount printed circuit boards.
- Hand soldering of through hole and SMT components certification required.
- A thorough understanding of basic electronics.
- Advanced trade mathematics.
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronic circuitry.
- Be proficient with and able to use a wide variety of electronics test equipment and precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics.
- Proficient with SAP, Agile or other similar data entry and tracking systems.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.