MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
SUMMARY: This position may perform any or all of the following duties: assemble, visually inspect, test, and package subassemblies and finished good products. May also make minor repairs, modify, and update subassemblies to the current revision for new products. Required to use any or all of the following documents: bills of material, assembly drawings, work instructions, schematics, test procedures, rework instructions and modification sheets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble components and housing units in accordance with work instructions and engineering drawings.
- Perform visual inspection of units for proper assembly, solder problems, missing, reversed, or damaged components, test function verification, silk screen and packaging, to ensure workmanship standards are met. May also perform lot sample inspections of finished products.
- Modify new units to the current revision per modification instructions.
- Perform manual and automated tests on subassemblies and units as required in test procedure.
- Wire-wrap wire cable to electronic terminals, ensure, cut and use of hand tools.
- Maintain product documentation and related logs as required.
- Pack finished products including any required literature.
- Package units as required.
- Verify component and quantity accuracy of material used for work function being performed.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- May use any or all of the following equipment/tools: Hand, air, and power tools, wire-strip, lead cutting and forming machines, exacto knives, calipers, scribes, electronic test equipment, test fixtures, hand press, hand trucks, rivet gun, foam packing machines, bar code scanner, tape machine and computer terminal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year minimum electronics production experience required.
- Hand Soldering Certification required.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes and Workmanship Standards and surface mount technology.
- Familiarity with use of various hand, air, and power tools, and test equipment is helpful.
- Must be able to identify electronic components.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.