SUMMARY: Schedules activities of production departments for the product or groups of products to which assigned. Responsible for supporting customer service levels by maintaining minimum inventory levels while achieving all phases of scheduling and inventory management in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate shop capacity, product forecast, customer orders and material flow efficiently to ensure customer service while adhering to inventory policies.
- Communicate closely with Sales to cover new requirements and resolve potential issues.
- Manage and coordinate contract manufacturers.
- Coordinate ECO implementation with Purchasing, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Schedule production to maximize production throughput while meeting customer service requirements with a minimum of inventory.
- Monitor actual production versus plan (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Purchasing of materials, as needed.
- Coordinate prototypes, pilots, and new product introductions with Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Purchasing and Production.
- Coordinate end of life product with Product Management, sales, Purchasing and Production to minimize excess and obsolete.
- Review products with Product Managers, Operations Management, and relevant appropriate personnel to achieve required results.
- Develop and train new and current Production Control personnel to support Planning activities.
- Review Marketing forecast and provide feedback when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree in related field.
- Minimum three years prior work experience in production planning, scheduling, inventory and/or production management.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP and all IT processes utilized for material, production and process control.
- Microsoft Office skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.