Westell is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our product design team in our Aurora, Illinois headquarters. This position will be responsible for performing hardware design, schematic capture, and design verification tasks for Westell’s growing product portfolio – including our public safety and intelligent site management products. You will work closely with all functional groups within the organization. The ideal candidate will have proven cross-functional team experience working with local and remote teams. The candidate will develop significant new products and see their new products come to market. Join a company where you can be a product development leader and not just one of the crowd.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide technical expertise in definition, design, new product introduction and technical support
- Identify new technologies and technical partners to successfully bring products to market
- Provide leadership in supporting products for the entire product life cycle
- Productize designs developed internally or externally (including generating bills of materials, part specifications, test specifications, schematics, etc.)
- Direct testing and evaluation of internally and externally developed designs/products
- Generation of technical documentation including requirement and test specifications
- Act as a product expert providing technical support for sales and marketing activities
- Frequent customer interaction with regard to design solutions/issues.
- Evaluate existing designs for performance cost and quality improvements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Five or more years of experience in high-speed digital electronics technology and embedded hardware design.
- Experience comparing microprocessor architectures, designing with, and configuring memory and I/O interfaces, high-speed digital design and layout, and EMI mitigation
- Experience in taking an electrical PCB design from concept to production; including working with PCB designers, test and troubleshooting prototypes and generating necessary release paperwork.
- Hands on expertise with various test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum/network/vector analyzers and signal sources
- Experience with schematic capture CAD and PCB simulation tools
- Knowledge of FCC and UL safety standards (e.g. UL62348, FCC Part 15, etc)
- Strong communication and leadership skills working in cross functional teams
- Ability to identify shortcomings in a cross functional organization and contribute in any capacity where needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Advanced engineering degree and continual education and professional certifications
- Experience with AC/DC power supplies, power distribution and battery backup
- Experience with RF-based products
- Experience with Agile PLM and Altium Schematic Capture
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.