SUMMARY: The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing manufacturing processes for Westell’s products. This person will work with design engineers to develop manufacturing processes, equipment, fixtures, and documentation to assemble and test Westell’s products. The person will need to consider cost, product volumes, manufacturability, and quality. The position is based at the Aurora manufacturing facility. Travel is minimal, may have to occasionally travel to key suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the manufacturing group to create cost-effective and high quality assembly lines and methods.
- Work with the design engineering group during product development to create manufacturable products.
- Leader of the operations team projects to develop assembly methods and manufacture new products
- Identify capital equipment and develop business justifications and presentations to justify new expenditures.
- Become a lean leader for manufacturing. Help the operations team to understand lean concepts and implement lean concepts in manufacturing.
- Develop fixtures and work cells to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with TL9000 and regulatory requirements
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3+ years as a manufacturing engineer in an electro-mechanical assembly facility
- Experience implementing Lean or Just-in-Time projects in a manufacturing facility
- Solid understanding of electronic assembly processes and quality
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 40
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.