SUMMARY: As the Business Development Director – ISM (Intelligent Site Management) you will be responsible for the development of new accounts. This role entails being the lead customer interface representing our ISM brand and solutions leading to closing new customers, either direct or via partners. The person in this position will be able to connect and work with “C” level executives, managers of engineering, and operational staff of potential customers. Immediate goals will be finding target trial opportunities; as successful trials lead to future sales. This position requires the ability to understand and explain operational benefits of the Intelligent Site Management hardware and software solutions. Duties include hitting monthly, quarterly and annual targets, managing trials, forecasting, building relationships and understanding customer trends. Creation of content material to post on social media as well as assistance in creation of brochure/one-pagers to grab the customer’s attention. This position is remote and the person will need to have an office space with privacy, good internet, and be able to perform web meetings live with their camera on. Travel will be required as necessary to meet specified goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute strategic plan to expand Westell’s ISM customer base
- Partner with new customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Educate customers and partners on products and solutions
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with aggressive follow-up
- Consistent structure leading to customer meetings each week
- Understand category-specific competitors and trends
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Enter, maintain, and forecast all opportunities in CRM
- Own and hit/exceed business development sales and metrics within assigned territory and accounts
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 5 plus years previous experience as a hardware and software solution Business Development or Sales Executive, Sales Manager or Marketing Director
- Proven Business Development or Sales Executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Ability to sell technical solutions including hardware and software
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Demonstrable experience as lead to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills and ability to create customer specific presentation material
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in CRM/MS Office/SAP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive travel and customer visits which might be in urban or rural locations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.