Westell, an industry leading manufacturer of communication products and accessories for the public safety market is seeking a BSEE with 3-5 years of experience to join our In-Building Wireless (IBW) product development team. The ideal candidate is self motivated, looking for an opportunity to learn RF fundamentals, be hands-on and contribute in all aspects of the product development process. Under the guidance of the Director of IBW engineering, this position will support engineering design and test efforts, marketing product evaluations and production technical issues. Candidate will work closely with all functional groups within the organization. The position is located in our Aurora, Illinois headquarters.
Responsibilities For This Position
- Support the current engineering design team with definition, design, and new product introduction.
- Research new technologies and technical partners to successfully bring products to market
- Maintain RF lab and equipment.
- Assist in the productization of designs developed internally or externally (including generating bills of materials, part specifications, test specifications, schematics, etc.)
- Perform testing and evaluation of internally and externally developed designs/products
- Generation of technical documentation including design requirements and test specifications
- Provide technical support to the Production team.
- Evaluate existing designs for technical performance, cost and quality improvements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 3 – 5 years of product design experience.
- Experience using network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal generators
- Ability to articulate specifications, schematics and bills of materials.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a member of cross functional teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
Desired but not required Qualifications
- RF design experience.
- Hands on ability to test components for return loss, insertion loss and spurious response
- Experience with phase locked loops, mixers, filters is a plus
- Understanding of phase noise, dynamic range, ACG
- Familiarity with RF digital modulation
- Experience with Agile PLM and Altium Schematic Capture
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.