This position is responsible for managing suppliers and inventory and procuring the goods and services the company requires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the supply chain to support the forecast.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Handle supplier correspondence regarding over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices. Report changes to the interested parties
- in a timely manner as required.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with inventory goals set by management.
- Improve product cost/profitability by reducing total acquisition cost.
- Follow all purchasing procedures and work instructions.
- Attend core team meetings and provide status on material availability and lead times.
- Anticipate unfavorable events and perform risk mitigation/management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in procurement, production planning, scheduling, inventory and/or production management.
- Knowledge of SAP helpful.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Purchase materials and supplies.
- Issue RFQ's and Obtain Proposals.
- Expedite deliveries when needed.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Junctions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.