SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing suppliers and inventory and procuring the goods and services the company requires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the supply chain to support the forecast.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Handle supplier correspondence regarding over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices. Report changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with inventory goals set by management.
- Improve product cost/profitability by reducing total acquisition cost.
- Follow all purchasing procedures and work instructions.
- Attend core team meetings and provide status on material availability and lead times.
- Anticipate unfavorable events and perform risk mitigation/management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in procurement, production planning, scheduling, inventory and/or production management.
- Knowledge of SAP helpful.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Purchase materials and supplies.
- Issue RFQ's and obtain proposals.
- Expedite deliveries when needed.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.