SUMMARY: The In·Process Quality Inspector will inspect assemblies during the build and test process. These inspections are conducted at various stages of production to ensure compliance with quality, production and workmanship standards. They will work closely with manufacturing, materials, engineering and test coordinating compliance to established standards and work flow through in-process inspection steps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess the ability to inspect parts, understand all assembly aspects of electronic components and sub assemblies (such as PCBs) by following specification on drawings, bills of material, wiring diagrams, process sheet drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Use various measuring devices including torque screwdrivers, calipers or custom gauges.
- Control non-conforming product in accordance with documented procedures and verify timely corrective and preventative action.
- Protect product during handling and storage in the performance of work.
- Assist with distribution and control of process documentation and quality records.
- Comply with and reinforce the requirements of Standard Operating Procedures, ISO 9000, Quality System Regulations and other customer standards.
- Performs job duties with little or no supervision or assistance.
- Follow established documentation for product manufacturing.
- Document all work performed on inspection reports, work orders and receiving/shipping documents.
- Maintain the segregation of conforming non-conforming product.
- Perform in-process inspection of all parts and/or assemblies in accordance with the requirements stated in the work order or as otherwise stated on drawings or work instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within related field
- Prior experience interpreting technical drawings and specifications
- Proficiency in the use of measuring and test equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.