SUMMARY: This position will lead the electrical engineering team to extend Westell’s leadership in the telecom product industry. The engineering team includes electrical engineering, product compliance, engineering documentation and project management. He/she provides leadership and technical expertise to the team to design, develop, and deliver new products. This person will be a leader in the organization and uses their knowledge to guide significant new products for customers.
- Leadership. Manage. Drive Accountability (LMA)
- IBW/CNS/ISM Electrical Engineering
- Product Compliance
- 30% New Product Revenue
- Owns NPD Process & Engineering Documentation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new products by collaborating with customers and the sales team to identify customer needs and develop solutions for those needs
- Responsible for the electrical engineering team, hardware and software architecture, and development programs
- Develop effective outsourcing capabilities to add development resources when required
- System ownership of engineering mission critical systems, tools, and applications
- Know all the tools needed to perform the development tasks and understand their capabilities and their limitations
- Current on applicable standards and regulations that apply to Westell products
- Serve as an advanced scout for new technology evaluations. Develop prototypes and business cases to support purchase recommendations
- Take actions as necessary to ensure the quality and reliability of Westell electrical products
- Maintain extensive working knowledge of mission critical applications
- Develop yearly department budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8 plus years of relevant industry experience
- 5 plus years’ experience managing an electrical engineering team
- 3 plus years’ experience with engineering documentation systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office products, CAD, SAP and Agile PLM preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.